- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon mild curry powder
- 2 carrots
- 3 cups stock (optional)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro for topping (optional)
- hemp seed oil as a finishing touch
Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for about 4 minutes until soft and translucent. Add pumpkin, carrots (chopped) and garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
Stir in curry powder, keep stirring for about 15 seconds.
Stir in water or vegetable stock, coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, covered. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Puree the soup until smooth (if needed) using a food processor or an immersion blender.
Serve soup with a finishing touch of virgin hemp seed oil, toasted pumpkin seeds and cilantro on top (optional).